Friday, December 24, 2010

Kayla Bear in the Hospital

You've been having a low fever on and off for the past 3 days. Our pedia said that we'll do some tests on the 4th day. On the 3rd night, we were out and I got a phone call from your gwama telling me to go home bec you had a high fever of 39.2. We rushed home and you weren't as hot. We started to relax but I decided to sleep in your room that night to be sure. I opened the door and there you were carried by your yaya near the night light and you were making a sound that was heart wrenching. I immediately called your daddy and we all rushed to the hospital. You were turning blue and you kept groaning quietly. We got to the hospital and they got your blood to be tested. We checked in to be sure and waited for the results. You had an infection. They put in a wee bag to catch your pee, it might be UTI. After 10 bags or more we were able to catch enough pee to be tested. That morning at 6am they call me up in the room and tell me that you do have UTI. I am so so so sad and feel terribly guilty. They're going to stick an IV so they can give you medication through it, it will be more effective and will work faster. They are more aggressive in their treatment because you are so small. I cry with you as they poke and prod you with the needle. 2 of your veins pop as the doctor fails in putting it in properly. On her 3rd try she gets it in. You are already half asleep bec you were so tired from all the crying. That afternoon you slept soundly, you slept so long and so quietly for the 1st time in weeks. We all thought your teeth was coming out thats why you werent able to sleep well at home. I knew the medication was working already because you were able to pee alot and slept again so quietly through the night.

I am so sorry for letting this happen to you. For all the pain you must have been in and me not being able to figure it out. I'm sorry that I didn't take your sleeplessness more seriously and as a warning sign for something going on in your body. We went to the hospital on Dec 21 and came out on the 24th, those 4 days were the worst of my life. Holding you in the car on the way to the hospital, I really thought that was it. I look at you now and I am grateful that you are well. I love you my Kaylabear. I want to squeeze you in my arms and keep you there forever.

Here you are playing with Jollibee in your bassinet.

Here's a picture of your arms all wrapped up.

My poor baby :(

No comments:

Post a Comment