Sunday, January 30, 2011

Momma Bear's Eats: Happy Lemon Part 2

Still loving Happy Lemon, Poppa bear and I went to Lugang for dinner and then went to Happy Lemon.  I wanted him to try it out for himself.  I got out of the car and told him not to park anymore because I was just going to order takeout.... WRONG MOVE!  It took me 13mins to get to the counter and give my orders and another 25mins for my orders to come out.  The unhappy lemon me was sulking at the counter telling the cashier that she should have informed me that it would take that long before taking my order.  I didn't want to stand alone there listening to the childish conversations and annoying voices of HS students.  My eyeballs almost dropped because I kept rolling them the entire time I was there.  They're lucky I really love their tea... because as soon as I got my orders and took my 1st sip in the car I was smiling again!

Tip #1: DON'T go on a weekend if you don't feel like waiting 30mins or more for a drink.
Tip #2:  Don't think you can bring this in the movie theater if there are alot of people in the store.  There were loads of people who were torn between waiting for their drink and missing their movie or leaving their drink and going to the movie.
Tip #3:  Drink it there. Especially the ones with the crispy stuff on top or the Rock Salt because it gets mixed in the car ride home and won't be at its perfect unshaken state.

Crispy Cocoa Matcha with Brown Sugar jelly
If you view the picture closely they gave me a mix of brown sugar jelly and black pearl.  I wasn't happy with the 'surprise' mix because I really love the brown sugar jelly cubes... But thats what you get when there's a long line of angry lemon customers and 2 baristas making 6-8 drinks at a time.

Green Tea with Rocksalt

I ordered this one for Poppa bear to try and he liked it, because he likes all things salty.  :)  Though not at its best because it was shaken in the car.  Still good and yummy :)

Cocoa Milk Tea wtih Puff Cream
The 1st time I went into Happy Lemon I made a mental note to myself to try all the flavors they have.  So far I have tried 9 out of the 47 kinds of drinks they have.  I have no plans of drinking the normal one like Lemon Black tea or Lemon Honey Juice.  Nor do I think I will ever get a Latte there because all I really want to do is drink milk tea.  If I take out the NO WAYs I am now only left with 14 new drinks to try.  I can't wait!  Today I am drinking Cocoa Milk Tea with Puff Cream, like drinking chocolate milk but with a teeny tiny bit of tea flavor. LOVE IT!  The puff cream is a creamy fluffly mixture they spoon around the glass before they pour in the milk tea.  If you don't want your drinks too sweet get the 75% sweetness when ordering ALL cocoa milk teas.  Go to Happy Lemon today at Greenhills Promenade.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! We should have should bond over happy lemon drinks one time and set a play date for the kids! :) Love this post! Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete