Monday, March 14, 2011

Happy Birthday Daddy!

If there are Tiger Moms then there are Dragon Dads,  I grew up dad fearing (not that it stopped me from my share of antics, out of sight out of mind!).  I barely have any childhood memories left but I know for sure that he can stop your heart with one look.  As I grew older my fear diminished slowly and I realized that age has tamed the dragon.  I often think that I was made from the same mold as my dad, we like the same things, we think the same way and we even have the same heart stopping look when we're angry.  If you knew him well enough you would know how much he loves ketchup.  He puts ketchup on his rice when he eats fried chicken, that used to disgust me until i realized I did it too!  He puts ketchup and sauces on everything!  I don't like eating food without sauces.  Today is his birthday, we rarely say I love you to our parents, given that the chinese do not have any emotions, but I would like to take this opportunity to say I LOVE YOU DADDY! You are my favorite dad in the whole wide world.  But more than that I would like to thank you, for walking my palate through all those tastes and textures.  From turtles, horses, rabbits and snakes, I wouldn't be the carnivore that I am if it weren't for you always pushing me to try.  "Try it once because how will you know you don't like it if you haven't tried it." Thank you for literally showing me the world and all its wonders.  For taking me to zoos, beaches, mountain tops, churches, desserts and amusement parks.  Most importantly, holding my hand through it all.

Daddy with M1

No comments:

Post a Comment