Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Mommy Brigade

The most helpful thing I had during the 1st few months of M1's life was a friend who gave birth a few weeks ahead of me.  At first I was apprehensive about asking her so many things in the wee hours of the night while I was breast feeding but I needed answers so I texted her, expecting a reply the next morning.  To my surprise she would reply almost immediately, even if it was 2am or 5am or 7am... she too was breastfeeding her little darling.  Weeks after M1 was born, another friend gave birth and I was the one who got the questions.  Most new moms, no matter how harassed, are always happy to be of help.  That same friend who gave birth weeks after me, also had a friend who gave birth after she did and also asked her questions.  It makes sense to text or ask someone who gave birth recently because everything is still fresh in their minds.  I barely remember those first few months so i'm almost useless to ask now.  

Start your own mommy brigade.  Ask around, no matter how stressful your day becomes having someone to talk to who is going through or has gone through what you are will certainly help ease the seriousness of it all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment